Baked apple can be very tasty and juicy when it done right. The sweet and tangy flavour mixed with the nuts filling really make a different as a side dish. When I first try it I don’t really like it, but then like everything else I need to learn to like it. We don’t have it very often, but when we do have it we make it the best. Here is my recipe for bake apple. A good side dish for roast pork or chicken.
Here I use granny smith apples, because that was what available on the market in our area at the time we live in Asia. Of course you can use any cooking apples that are available in you local market or area.
This recipe contains nuts!!!
4 whole granny smith apple. or any cooking apple you can buy.
1 tablespoon dried mixed fruits (raisin, cranberry and apricot) roughly chopped.
1 tablespoon pine nut, roughly chopped.
1 teaspoon butter (divided into 4).
salt and pepper.
- Heat up the oven to 180C gas mark 6.
- Wash and dry the apples then core them set aside, be careful not to poke a hole on the outer skin.
- Mixed together the dry nuts and dry fruits in a bowl add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the nut mixture into the apples and topped with butter and bake it for thirty five minutes.
- Best as a side dish for roasted pork or chicken.
- This recipe will serve 4 person as a side dish.